Thursday, July 9, 2009

..............................Fair

Ok, everyone, wish me luck! I just entered 20 (!) things in my county fair! I had the papers pre-filled out, and it still took me 45 min. to enter everything.
Tatting-wise I entered the haunted house, a doily I designed, Capt. Jack, Conor, Baby dragon, gloves, scarab necklace, and two cards with tatting on them. I also entered some photos, my hedgehog made from a gourd, 2 flower arrangements, and the ornament I made that is a shuttle with a little Rebel on top, tatting. Too bad I couldn't look at the entries already there. They used to let you, but, for some reason, stopped. Hmph! Anyway, I did happen to see an awesome looking Halloween quilt that I will take a photo of Sunday. That is when the building opens up and I can go see all the stuff. Oh, I can hardly wait!

9 comments:

rainbows and raindrops said...

I'm waiting for you to annouce 20 blue ribbons (that's the top prize right - sorry we don't have fairs here!) because your stuff is AWESOME!

battatter said...

Oh my!If that happened I would also have to announce peeing my pants!heehee!
Top prize is Sweepstakes or Best of show, which is a big purple ribbon and blue.(you get both if you win sweeps). There is also 1st, blue, then 2nd red, third:white

LadyShuttleMaker aka MadMadPotter said...

Can't wait to see all the ribbons you win!!!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

20 fair entries... WOW! Please take lots of pictures. I haven't been to a fair since I was in college!

Tatskool said...

Good luck. You deserve a lot of wins.

Ginny W said...

i wish i could enter that much in our state fair, I can only enter 5 items and i have entered 5 again this year hoping to get 5 ribbons i will see.

battatter said...

Ginny, they only let you enter 5? We can enter as many as there are categories! There is only one "tatting" category, but, I also enter in the Christmas ornaments and decorations, and Halloween. The doily is in the knit and crochet, but it doesn't specify it HAS to be knitted or crocheted...just says doily. Also, most of my stuff is in crafts. I had to ask the 'helpers' about entering, and found I could enter a bunch.

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Good Luck Carol! I know you will win many rib bons. I can't wait to see the results at the end!

Love the Ghost!! He looks just like the Stay Puff in the movie! You did a fantastic job on him.

Unknown said...

What the HEY!?! I could've sworn I left a message here earlier this week! What is the deal with that darn blogger!?

Your work is lovely and you deserve all those fabulous blue ribbons that you got!

I wanted to let you know that I'm having a giveaway! Be sure to come on over and join in!

My 3 D Tatting