Sunday, August 16, 2009

....................crafting

Ok, lately I have been doing some crafting. Here are a couple of pictures of what I have been doing. Besides, the knitting, which I don't have pictures of...
I made this Battatter shuttle for myself. I had a picture of a black fruit bat hanging from a tree, and thought it sort of formed a shuttle shape, so, here he is. His wings are sort of wrapped around him and the thread attaches to the wings underneath. He is made from some air dry clay I got at Michael's and though it is very light like foam when dry, it is pretty sturdy. I could actually sand it. I made another little shuttle, which isn't quite finished yet. It is very small, only about 2", and wood burned, but cute. I will show that soon.
Have I mentioned I am in the Harry Potter Crafts group? Well, I started making a wand last week, and need to add something to it before showing it, but, it will be worth the wait. I also entered a crafty contest, and I made these little Pygmy puffs. They are little creatures from Harry Potter and The Half Blood Prince, and they are sort of like tribbles, for all you Star Trek fans out there, except they have faces. I haven't named mine yet, but I think they are CUTE!

9 comments:

Gina said...

Wow - that shuttle is SO clever! I'm not that keen on bats myself, but if I were, I'd be commissioning you for one!

battatter said...

Thanks, Gina! And it is crazy how light it is!

Tat-a-Renda said...

The bat shuttle looks scary to me (for someone who don't go for bats, :-/) but I still think it is a wonderful work from you.

Here is an idea. Do they have the clay that glow in the dark? You can use that and really scare people (like me, LOL)

battatter said...

haha Jon! Hmmm I don't know if they do, but they do have paint! Maybe I will paint his eyes with it...scarey!!

Tatskool said...

You are a clever old stick!

Sparrow said...

Wow, that's a really cool looking shuttle! Definitely different from anything I've seen before. How is it to tat with?

.:Sparrow

battatter said...

Sparrow..
it is a little difficult because of how I made the indentions. I think I will make another and put the thread indention in different places. Other than that, it is realllllly lightweight and the shuttle action is not too bad.

Sparrow said...

I've never made shuttles before, but this design really intrigues me. I might have to start playing around with my own ideas. Thanks for inspiring me! :D

.:Sparrow

battatter said...

Hey, cool... we can always use another shuttlemaker!!

My 3 D Tatting