Sunday, January 2, 2011

Introducing.. Dolceluna

Here she is! Newborn albino baby of Bellaluna! Her official birthday is January 1, 2011...the day she was actually finished born.
I had quite a time trying to come up with her name. But, she is so sweet, I chose Dolcè (pronounced dole-che'), which is Italian for sweet. Luna, of course, meaning moon, and also after her mother.
She is 6" tall from top of her little ears to the tips of her little toes. She has a 9" wingspan. And the bead count in her wings? Approximately 490 give or take a few. I used clear and pink seed beads in her wings.  I haven't finished her perch yet, as she has to have her own to go into the fair this year. After the fair, she will hang with her mother on a little off shoot branch of her mother's perch. But, if everything goes right, she will have her 'coming out' party at the Lace Day in Lafayette this year. They have their lace day every other year, so Dolcè and Bella both will attend....if I can.
So... what do you think of my new baby?

18 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I think she's adorable, and I hope to get to see her in person this spring!

Art by JoyMac said...

You really caught me out.. I thought you meant a human baby LOL....this new baby is soooooo sweet.....great work.... Congratulations

Joy in OZ

Gina said...

Fabulous! You got 'er done and named her! I'm looking forward to seeing her complete.

tatting-marie said...

One can tell she is a labor of love because so much work went into completing her. I think she looks really great. Can't wait to see her with her mom when they are on their perches together.

Ridgewoman said...

awwwww I never thought I’d saw awwww about a bat..but she is a bodacious beauty. Congratulations on her arrival from the magic ‘bat’ shuttles.
xxxx bj

Corina said...

Wow, she's fantastic!

Fox said...

I am "bitten" by her beauty! Great job!
Fox : )

Typstatting said...

She is an absolute beauty!

Isa said...

It's Georgeous! Congratulations for your amazing tatting work!

Unknown said...

She is soooo cute she does not even creep me out! Is she hibernating until Lace Day?

yoya said...

Fantastico..........

Suztats said...

She's beautiful!

Fox said...

I am back again for another peek. Your work is truly outstanding. Congrats.
Fox : )

Quayceetatter said...

Now I know why we have not heard from you in a spell!! Beautiful work and I think they are an amazing creature...
Linda M in NM

Jane Eborall said...

Totally and utterly amazing. I'd LOVE to see her in real life.

battatter said...

Thank you all so much for the great comments! Makes me so proud! I need to find out when the Lafayette Lace day is (I forgot what you said Gina!)..so that she can meet some new friends.

Unknown said...

she is soooo cute!!!!

mary helen said...

Oh my gosh! I love her! Your bats are amazing, as is your other work. Thank you for stopping by my blog and deciding to follow. I will be following you as well. ~mary helen

My 3 D Tatting