Thursday, January 31, 2013

What would you want?

I have been doing a lot of knitting swaps lately, so I was thinking I should be doing some more tatting. I was also thinking, since I am the only one I know of who 3D tats.. perhaps some of my tatting friends would like something 3D made by me. So...
If you are reading this, put a comment as to what kind of 3D thing you would like. For instance, your favorite animal or insect, tv personality, cartoon character, or perhaps a little something you collect, like oh, I don't know, teapots?(my Mom collects those) And feel free to mention more than one thing. I may not be able to make one of your items, so the more you mention, the more likely you are to receive.
You never know, I may make something for you.. but you must comment!

12 comments:

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I've thought for a long time that I would love to see a tatted Eeyore. If anyone could do it, it would be you.

IsDihara said...

Ooh, yes, and Eeyore. What a wonderful suggestion, Eliz.

My suggestion? Dalek! (from Doctor Who)

Beelizabeth said...

How about "I Dream of Geeni"'s bottle or Aladdin's lamp- complete with the big blue greenish.

geraldine said...

I would love a big barn owl to go with your bat or a ginger cat.But also like Eeyore.

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Ooh! Such wonderful ideas... teapots, I Dream of Jeannie, Aladdin's lamp. Now I can't think of a thing! I know... a grandfather clock... I have no clue how that could be accomplished!

Ladytats said...

I like the idea of Eeyore, but then he would be lonly without a Pooh Bear, a Piglet, a Rabbit, how about a Tigger, or Kanga & Roo. Oh, and then the Wise Old Owl would be clamoring to show up too.

tatting-marie said...

onscuAll such good ideas so far. I would like to add a ruby throat Hummingbird (my good luck charm), a sail boat, an Indian Chief's head dress, a spinning wheel, or a horse & buggy.

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

I had to drop in to see what other suggestions have been offered. There are several hummingbirds in the 3d collection below. As I'm sitting here with my tea in my spider's web cup it occurred to me that a spider would also be nice. I can imagine displaying it on a large mounted doily as if the doily were the spider's web. I enjoy displaying spiders in my work area as my lacemaker's mascot.

battatter said...

Eliz, look at my Oct. 2011 posts.. there are some spiders there!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

Thank you for the heads up about your 3d spiders. Somehow I had missed those. I really like the sparkle of the purple and black one. Should have known that you would have already done some spiders.

Lelia said...

Awesome clock pictured on Diane's blog. WOW! Your are so creative and talented ; ) Job well done.

battatter said...

Just re-found this post after 10 years!
So...some of these have come to fruition!
Diane's Grandfather clock (gifted to her!)
IsDihara...Daleks! Yes...3D and 2D alike!
Tatting-Marie...hummingbirds
Tatknot...spider on web


Stay tuned… It's hard to say what I will come up with next!

My 3 D Tatting