Sunday, June 11, 2017

Lace Day 2017

Had a wonderful time at the Lafayette Lacemaker's Lace Day.
Though the attendance was much smaller than normal, we still had fun!
I arrived early in order to submit my entry in the lace contest. Since we had time, Carol Parry and  I took a walk to the local yarn shop, River Knits.  We both made a few purchases, then returned to the Lace festivities. There were raffles, and I won two during the first round. Mary Harris got very lucky and won TWO $25 gift certificates. Wow!
We chatted, shared stories, Brenda asked me to show her a different way to tat, which I did. She tats the way I used to, throwing the thread around, I showed her the new way I do it, more like a sewing machine working.
Later a few more people showed up. I did some shopping in the vendor's rooms, and had some snacks.
They had the lace contest ...I won second place! Yeah! I didn't expect to win as the other entries were so pretty. I won a $10 prize!
Then, the last of the raffles. I won...6 more! Wow what a haul!
 Had a great day...thanks for the fun times ladies!
Winner of First prize Bobbin Lace Praying mantis
Winner of 2nd place Cecropia Caterpillar
Third Place Butterflies

More pics later!

Here is the lot of my raffle winnings. More closeups later...







5 comments:

Jane McLellan said...

Looks like a really good day! Congratulations on your second place.

battatter said...

It was a great day. Thanks Jane!

Lelia said...

It was a lovely day. Congrats on your awards!!! Thx for sharing ; ) One of these days, I'll have to post my pics, too!

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How did I miss this post? I wasn't able to attend this year, because daughter Joanne and family were visiting. I've always had a wonderful time when I've attended.

battatter said...

I look forward to others' post...but haven't seen any yet.

My 3 D Tatting