Wednesday, June 24, 2020

Well...pooey...

It is now nearing the end of June, so I decided to check out the Fair details.
I was informed there will be no Open Class entries allowed this year.
Hmph. Well, I am both disappointed and relieved.
Disappointed, because I did have some pretty cool stuff already made for the Fair.
But, a bit relieved, because I don't have to rush to get more items finished and, I don't have to worry about any of my items being contaminated with the Covid-19 virus, and therefore having to disinfect everything when I get it back home.
I know, some people think it (the virus) is not that big of a deal...but, I have to take care of myself and my very elderly Mother...and we don't need to catch something that could potentially kill either of us, if I can take precautions to prevent it.
And... I do. Lots of them.
It makes me angry 😡 that when I go out in my mask and gloves, people think it is ok to walk right up to me and gab or whatever. No, it is not.  Or cut my deli meat or get my fresh foods with no mask on...nope. Or pretty much ignore the precautions I am taking and try to bypass them!
Or berate people like me who are taking these safety steps as being stupid and gullible. Hm, well, people probably thought that during the Black Plague...look where that got them.
Really, I don't care if you don't want to wear a mask, or take any precauions...that is totally up to you, you have the right to live as you please, but respect my right to live as I please..and stay away from me! Ok, so, this got off track...down off of my soap box.

So...here are some of the things I was planning on putting in the Fair this year...hopefully I can next year.

3D tatted Orchid Praying Mantis

Absolem Caterpillar sculpture




Krampus sculpture



No comments:

My 3 D Tatting