Thursday, March 30, 2023

R.I.P. Mary Harris

Recently, this week, the Tatting community has lost a very wonderful member, Mary Harris. I met Mary at a lace convention in Lafayette Indiana many years ago.(we are both from Indiana, though not from the same city.) She was one of the very first people to greet me there and she was very warm and welcoming. I only ever saw her at these conventions, but it was always a bright spot to see her, and I always looked forward to seeing her and catching up on what has been happening in our lives. Every time I saw Mary, she had her blonde hair in a high ponytail, and was wearing some sort of tatting on her clothing. She would always bring something to show me, or a pattern she was working on to share. And it was always a fun spot in the day when we would show each other the purchases we had made and cheer each other on in the raffles. I have a couple of pictures of Mary, but my computer is down at the moment. I will post them here when I access to them. I am not sure how many people knew Mary, but for those who didn't, you missed out knowing a wonderful person.

No comments:

My 3 D Tatting