Tuesday, August 13, 2024

Hocus Croakus

Here is my newest creation for Halloween. This is called Hocus Croakus! It is a pattern by Kylie Slee... also known as ComplicatedKnots. She puts up a new pattern every Thursday on YouTube. But she also sells these patterns on Ravelry and other places. When I first saw it, I thought it was so cool. It only took me three evenings of watching TV and crocheting to finish it off. I did make a couple of changes though. The eyes are different color, the candle flames are black candle flames, and I gave the mouse/rat some hands and feet. I also wanted to add a little skull, so I used her skull pattern. Her skull pattern would normally be about the size of a baseball, maybe a little smaller. But I used crochet cotton size 10 and a very tiny Boye metal size 10 crochet hook, & it turned out just the right size this scene. Oh and I also added a spoon for the frog to be holding during her cauldron! I really really like how it turned out and I think it is so cute!

2 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

He is adorable! I love the changes you incorporated. Well done!

battatter said...

Thanks!!

My 3 D Tatting