Thursday, April 1, 2010

..................Happy International Tat Day!

Today, April 1, is not only April Fool's day, it is more importantly International Tat Day! A day for tatting, and eating chocolate! Well, today, I have done both. I got up this morning and had a thought, then the thought turned into a vision in my mind.. then it had to come out in tatting.. and here it is.
The newest member of the leprechaun family... Baby Talun! As you can see, Conor found him in the Easter decorations! What a surprise! Rory was so happy, just look at his face!  Talun is in his pastel green swaddling blankie, with a shamrock on it.  The lads were so happy to see him, they took turns holding him..
Then, finally they decided to pose for a family photo.  Such a wonderful Tat day gift!
oh, they just reminded me to show this week's Christmas Challenge ornament. 
I call it the Heartfelt tree...full of dimpled (heart) rings.

13 comments:

Tatskool said...

I am surprised that they didn't find him under a gooseberry bush!
You are a wonder! What will happen in leprechaun land next, you made my day. He is brilliant.What a fun friend you are.

Stephanie said...

Congrats on the newest member of the family! What a beautiful baby Talun is!

battatter said...

heee heee Tatskool! I wonder myself what will happen next!Thanks so much for the inspiration!

battatter said...

Thanks, Steph! We love him!!

Carol Schockling Lawecki said...

Happy Tatting Day! Special one for you, Welcome Talun!! He is a hadsome fellow!!
Love your dimpled tree!

Gina said...

Carol, I love the way your imagination works!
:-)

battatter said...

Happy Tatting to you, too, Carol
Thanks for liking my tree, too!

battatter said...

heehee Gina.. it is a little dusty in there!

Valerie said...

Baby Talun is just in time for International Tatting Day! He's very cute!

Happy International Tatting Day!

Jane Eborall said...

Amazing work. What a clever lass.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Bonnie said...

Another Lep to join in the fun and just in time for International Tatting Day.

You are very creative, Carol!

Your Christmas tree is super cute as well!

Sherry aka Celtic Dream Weaver said...

He is cute but where is his Mommy...got to be a Mommy somewhere...

My 3 D Tatting