Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Albino baby bat.. so far

Here are the beginnings of my albino baby bat. She is much smaller than Bellaluna, as she is meant
to be her baby. I tatted the body first, then the head. It took me 4 tries to get the face and head small enough for her little body. I need to find some very small red animal eyes or round top buttons to put in as her eyes.
 I am now working on her arms and finger frames. This is the part I attach the beaded webbing to. The legs and then the wing webbing is next. I have one wing frame almost finished, and I will show a picture of that when it is done.

9 comments:

Suztats said...

She's a beauty! The body looks very lacey.

Ridgewoman said...

Oh, pretty baby! xxx bj

Jane S. said...

She's so cute already! I can't wait to see her when she's all done and hanging next to her mama.

Tattingrid said...

This is really gorgeous. Yes, the left pic already shows a bat-like animal. My first glance at the right pic made me think of a lamb. OK, just a suggestion, but wouldn;t that be a nice next project?? Just kidding, this is really amazing. Love it when people are so creative that they can work without diagrams or patterns.. .

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

How cute!

Fox said...

Wow... personality so soon....
Fox : )

battatter said...

Thanks everyone! I finished her wing frames and legs this evening. Tomorrow I start on the webbing.. if I can find my beads. Those rascals keep disappearing on me!

and Tattingrid..a friend of mine suggested a lamb, too. Hmmm.. since I knit now too, and they seem to covet the lambs... maybe!

Typstatting said...

She is gonna be so cute!

ari said...

So clever! She is so cute!

My 3 D Tatting