Friday, April 1, 2011

Happy International Tatting Day!

Yes, it is here again!  And, funny, I woke up with an idea for a really cool (if I can make it happen) necklace idea! I have it sketched out.. and will try making parts of it today! If you know me, you can probably guess it has something to do with Halloween. But, hey, no bats this time.. UNBELIEVABLE!
Have a great Tat day, eat chocolate and make something lovely!

Oh, I just had another idea... though I cannot make it. How about a shuttle, that has a plastic 'cover' on one side that can be removed (like snapped on and off) , and you place a little piece of your own tatting on the shuttle, then snap the cover back over the shuttle. Essentially encasing your tatting with the cover, but making the top smooth so tatting is still easy?  Come on someone, make me one. haha!

3 comments:

Riet said...

Hi,
You know there is a shuttle in the way you want. It is made by the shuttle shop.
You will find them herehttp://www.tattingforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?11-Chris-amp-Erin-s-Shuttle-Shop
I will send you an e-mail with pictures
Riet the B-engel

Gina said...

The shuttle shop had one with a tiny plastic/acrylic window about the size of a dime or slightly bigger that you can unscrew and put in a photo or tatting or whatever. I don't know if they still have them available or not.

Anke said...

Carol, there is a pattern for your very own tatted shuttle on Anne B's site. Take a look: http://nuperelle.net/ShuttleShopShuttle/.

My 3 D Tatting