Friday, July 8, 2011

The Fair is here again!

I went to enter 11 items for the fair last night. There is an entry sheet you must fill out for each department and then the tags for each item.  A couple of years ago, I took the entry sheet I had used, brought it home, scanned it, and digitally erased all the previous info on it. So now, when I go to the fair, I already have my entry sheets filled out.. so all I have to do is the tags. The fair coordinators are always so happy when I do this. I wish someone would get the idea to have them available for everyone to fill out. Maybe next year I will post a pdf of it. It may help out some people. Anyway.....
Danté (Free Choice)
Dolcé(Tatting)
Here are some photos of what I entered. Of course, I forgot to take photos of the new stands for my Dolcé and Danté bats. Oh well, I'll show them later. One lady asked if it was tatted. I said yes, She said, even the little 'veins' (as she called the fingers in the wings). I said yes. She said I have never seen that stitch, I thought it was crocheted. I explained it was tatted, and that I was the only person I know of that does it. She looked at me oddly. Sometimes I don't know how to take that odd look. haha.
Also, there was another girl there. She asked me if I could have the pattern. I explained, I don't have a pattern, I just make it up as I go. She said, "then I will be taking lots and lots of photos"!  I laughed and said no problem. She had made an adorable crocheted three peas in a pod amigurumi. Oh, now my poor kitty or Danté won't win. It was really well done and very cute.
This little Halloween bat also has a candycorn bowtie.He is entered in the Seasonal(not Christmas) category.
Halloween Kitty (Toy)
Gryffindor owl bag. It pains me to enter it into the fair, but it was the only really good knitted item I made all year. I really wanted to take it to the HP movie when I went, but I am going Friday, and can't pick up the bag until Saturday. waaaa.
Charlie in the box Christmas ornament.
Fairy Garden. This isn't mine, this is one I made for someone else. Mine is much larger, and has all of this and a peacock, fairy garden gate door, and more in it.
I also entered three photos. I would have entered more,  but they changed the rules this year and everything had to be mounted on 16x20 foam core board. Too pricey to enter too many if  you have to buy all the foam core.
I also entered in the recycle category a tote I made from a birdseed bag. They are quite pretty, because the bags usually have lovely birds on them. And, they are sturdy, because they are meant to hold so many pounds of birdseed. The fair coordinators didn't seemed to thrilled with it, so I probably won't win anything, but I do love them for grocery totes, project bags, or just a place to throw junk when you are cleaning.
Ok, that is 11.  I will go Sunday afternoon to see if I won anything.
Wish me luck.

10 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

I would vote for you! Your tatting is amazing, and I know that all of your pieces are so much more impressive in person. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

At Tippecanoe's fair you have to preregister with the same kind of list and then they make out the tags and attach them when you bring your stuff in. Which I will be doing next week. Have to send my pre-registration in today! Good luck! I'm not sure I'll get there. Very busy this week and next with other stuff and out of town.

Anonymous said...

Dang! It won't let me comment with my blogger ID. I had to use my livejournal id which I wasn't even sure about. That might help me with a few other blogs I have trouble commenting on too.

Michelle said...

I love your bats and think they are marvelous but that HP bag with the owls on it is AMAZING. Good luck!!!

Eliz Davis aka Tatknot said...

You must be getting quite a collection of ribbons and these lovelies are sure to bring you more. The latest HP movie won't open here until a week from today. I need to dig out my HP t-shirt so I'll be ready for the big night. My family is currently rewatching the previous movies.

battatter said...

Thanks Diane!

battatter said...

Gina..I think if we just had the entry papers and tags available, it would go alot quicker. We used to be able to get them early, when we get the booklets, but no more.

battatter said...

Michelle, thanks! I love that purse. The pattern called for pink and white, I think. But come on.. it has Gryffindor written all over it!

battatter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
battatter said...

Eliz.. yeah, I really wish I could take it. But I had the idea today to paint myself some HP shoes to wear! I am in the planning stage now.. what to put on them?????

My 3 D Tatting